To Create a Dynamic Content
- Click the icon () from the top right corner of your Help Centre header and then click on Support.
- Click on admin icon () from the left sidebar then select Dynamic Content inside MANAGE.
- Click Dynamic Content. You will see Dynamic Content view loading on right side.
- You can add Dynamic Content using 'add item' at the Top Right (You can see inside the red-border-box).
- After using 'add item' link, you will see blank Dynamic Content view.
- Now, first you need to enter placeholder name inside the text-box
and then enter those content for which you want to create DC.
- After following above points, now it's view like this with the Placeholder Title and the Content.
- Important thing is, you will see there is a language selector. It's for your Dynamic Content that what language you are going to use.
Let me make you understand about Dynamic Content. Dynamic Content enables you to create your own translations. Dynamic Content supports HTML code. For example, if you have Guide Professional and Support Professional or Enterprise, you can create a dynamic content item to dynamically change your Help Center's design based on the customer's language.
Let's say that your company targets the Spanish speaking markets and you would want to provide different contact information based on your customer's language and you'd like to display the Spanish support number only to Spanish speaking customers. So you have to select Spanish language from the language selector.
- When you click on it there would appear a language list and you can select your language.
- Click Create button to save your dynamic content item.
- Notice the item's name between curly brackets. You'll use that later as a placeholder in the settings and templates for your content.
- Now add one or more other translations if your company wants to show this same details or different details to French, English and Japanese market.
To do so, click Add Variant
- After clicking 'add variant' this view would be appear.
- Now, just need to enter your content and select language.
- Click Create button to save your dynamic content variant.
- When you have done with it, your view would be this
To Use a Dynamic Content Placeholder Name
- Use in Settings: You have Dynamic Content placeholder name.
Copy placeholder name.
Paste in your setting's text-box which you have exposed for your DC placeholder.
It is NONE by default so remove NONE and add placeholder name.
Add DC placeholder.
- Use on Templates: You can place this placeholder on the theme's template and work would be same, you can place in settings or templates.